Children’s Centres have a Community Development Coordinator who is available to support and encourage parents and families to actively participate in all aspects of the centre.
Our Community Development Coordinator also partners with other agencies to plan and organise a range of programs including:
- Playgroups for parents and carers including Aboriginal families, dads, step-parents, grandparents, foster carers, family day care educators, refugees and newly arrived families and children.
- Parenting programs: child development, early literacy, song time, music and movement, baby massage, support groups and cooking.
- Community events: family fun days, community lunches, school holiday programmes cultural events, celebrations and BBQs.
- Personal development: literacy, career pathways, skill development, volunteering and adult education.
- Parents and Community: centre volunteer program, a Parent Advisory Group, engaging parents in the community.
- Parents Involvement: Roxby Downs Childrens Centre encourages parents to actively participate in the care and education of their children. Sharing information about your child is very important in helping us provide responsive care and learning opportunities. Parents are very welcome to also participate in a variety of ways which may include: sharing some of your special talents with the children, for example cooking, playing a musical instrument, sewing, reading books/story telling, volunteering time for working bees, or just spending time with your child in their learning environment. We also have a very active Governing Council which parents are invited to join.